I have the Youtube recording of the afterparty ready below, but for those of you who can’t watch right now, here are some answers to some questions that the long suffering Moderator R has compiled.
Will it be a series?
Moderator R says: Despair, thy name is BDH- it came up 223 times on the Spoiler thread alone (it was fun to click count after a while :D).
We don’t know yet. We’ve moved from possibly to probably, but we will know more when we get the list placement this Wednesday and first week’s sales numbers sometime this week.
“Why is Ascanio a douchebag now? He used to be great, we want redemption.”
After 20 some books, you guys still don’t trust us. Ascanio is not a douchebag. He has reasons, they are good reasons, and they will be revealed later on. It has to do with the current state of the Pack, Jim’s imminent retirement, and what Andrea and Raphael foresee as the fragmentation of everything Curran has built and Jim has refined.
Why is Sophia older than Conlan?
A selection of weirdness by ModR
- “I thought she was a magical-insemination-clone something…”
- “Christopher is an Albino… Sophia has been conceived by highly illegal magic with genes both from Christopher and Barabas. But who was the surrogate mother?”
- “I thought that she was biological somehow.”
- “Elara was their surrogate”
- “Wasn’t Christopher still raving mad at the time she was supposed to be born? Also she’s been absent from all the KD novels when she was a toddler…”
- “what was the illegal means by which Barabas had a child? They hadn’t mentioned invitro being illegal in any of the other books or gene splicing so I’m left wondering what it was?”
- ” Bit confused by age of Sophia? Conlan was born before she was??? Speed grown?!”
“I wondered about magic cloning too. She’s so fair maybe Elara was involved??”
- “I haven’t figured out yet how Sophia became Christopher and Barabas’ daughter!”
- “Julie was gone for 8 years and their daughter is 14? I’m confused.”
Sophia is adopted. Unless you live on the African Continent, if you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras. Older children deserve to be adopted too. Adoptive parents are parents. Sophia is an albino. Barabas is not an albino. Christopher is not an albino. Her adoption is canon.
When is the audio book coming out?
We will announce when Audible finishes processing it. 🙂
Are you guys happy with how it did?
We are thrilled. We both feel so fortunate that you guys like it and that in this stressful time we could deliver a little distraction into your world. This has been an absolutely amazing release. Even if the sales somehow will fall short, this was worth all the effort and editing and rewriting. This was amazing for us. Thank you for making our launch special.
Here are our rambling answers. We cut the spoiler portion off. Sorry about feline interference. 🙂